April 10, 2008

My little artist

Lulu started scribbling since she was 1 and a half, I think.. I don't really keep track on all these things. Most of the time her medium is crayon. Although we provide her with an endless supply of drawing blocks, our little artist prefer to scribble & doodle on her table top, the floor and our sofa (the walls are still safe for now).

During a recent trip we bought her a small, clip-on Doddle Pro, something to distract her with. As you know, Lulu is always amazed by cats and fishes which means mommy, daddy, bibik, bik sham, mak nana, paksu and in fact just about everybody has to draw cats and fishes over and over and over and over and over again..

While she has been scribbling and doodling for almost seven months now (again, only a guesstimate), nothing she drew ever made sense to me until of course yesterday. I was changing into my baju tidoq and Lulu, trying very2 hard to delay her bed time by doodling, called out to me and said "Mama! Fish!". And so I went to have a look and found the drawing below.. (of course I had to also show my creative side by adding colours to the background). Maklum la mana tumpahnya kuah kalau tak ke nasik? hehehee..

I am glad that I took a picture of her drawing because just when I thought my baby is an absolute Da Vinci genius and asked her to draw fishes again, she drew what looked like a crooked line and said "Aepane mama!", which in human language means "Aeroplane mama"...

No comments: